Have not been posting and updating since Monday. Will do a summary of everything today. Before i start, I really want to apologise to my Pika. Sorry Pika, daddy made you pain pain.

27th July -

Brought my lovely boy to the vet at 7pm. Went in & the vet checked and weighed him. Everything is good and Pika even gained 200g. weighed at 1.57kg. Scanned Pika to see if he has microchip, but detected none. Vet said it is ok to have 3rd vaccination jab and microchip together at the same visit.

Jabbed down the 3rd vaccine and Pika has no reaction (like no kick like that), vet then took 1/4 of the deworm pill and fed Pika as well. Then microchip came. It was the most shocking moment i had for easily the last 2 years of my human life. Pika barked sharply and i can see that he is in great pain. I tear-ed upon seeing him like this, uncontrollably.

Brought him to Jas place after that and he was ok until when we were about to leave for home and wanted to carry him. That's where he barked sharply again. We assume that he was in pain. After reaching home, he was pretty lethargic and restless. Getting affected with small movements from me and my GF. Left for home and prayed for a better tomorrow. Could not sleep till 4am due to the blame i put on myself for microchiping it.

28th July -
Was worried about Pika the whole day and his behavior. Posted for help in forum in dogsforum.sg and a few experience replied to give me their opinion about Pika's behavior. As per what i have expected, Pika might be suffering from phobia therefore not allowing us to touch him. Probably to the fact of that painful experience. Was really upset about this fact. Behavior wise, he is pretty energetic. Will still play fetch and run after us when we walk. Just that he is very careful and whenever we want to touch him, he will shove to 1 side to prevent us.

Still very emotionally affected by Pika's behavior and really blame myself for giving him the microchip. Should not have done so. I promised to myself irregardless of what happen, i will not microchip anymore dogs that will come by my hand in future. It's really too painful to look at.

Pika, I am Sorry =(



0 comments:



Post a Comment